Monday 11 October 2010

Visiting the Tate Britain this weekend

  • Unfortunately I didn't have my camera or a notepad so....

there was one picture that really interested me in particular. It was a kind of mind map analysing how old people deal with society changing and alienation. The artist had framed pictures and created links to objects such as a plant pot and written "to brighten up the hall" and a picture of youths in a playground and saying "I try and avoid the park at night" really showing the isolation and difficulties of living on state pension on your own! very moving and sad.

THE POINT OF MENTIONING IT!

I liked how he did the layout how he commented on images that are seemingly pointless and giving them a back story, even making them something to think twice about......I could do the same with my stuff! give the backstory to why I have a pair of huge headphones or why I love my car so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment